We are pleased to announce that the admissions for the SIOG 2022 Advanced Course in Geriatric Oncology are now open. As in previous years, the course will be hosted at the Lorenzon Study Centre of the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Treviso, Italy from July 6-9, 2022.
About the Course
The SIOG Advanced Course in Treviso is one of SIOG’s unique CME accredited educational programmes delivered by international experts in geriatric oncology. The course will address skills in assessment, care pathways and therapeutic choices. The course is designed to provide a strong basis for assessment and a multi-dimensional approach of treatment and management of elderly patients with cancer.
This 2-phase advanced course comprises of case-based studies, discussions and debates under the general themes of “geriatrics for clinical oncologists” as well as “clinical oncology for geriatricians”. The oncological sessions dedicated to geriatricians will be focused on the principles of cancer treatment in the elderly. The geriatric sessions dedicated to oncologist will be focused on the assessment of the elderly patient, with particular emphasis about polypharmacy, multimorbidity and frailty.
- To provide basic information related to cancer medicine to the geriatricians and to the application of geriatric principles to the clinical oncologists;
- To train medical oncologists and geriatricians to work together – these individuals will become the bridge between the oncological and geriatric teams in their own institutions.
- A common module addressed to clinical oncologists and geriatricians;
- Two separate modules each for clinical oncologists and geriatricians;
- Common case presentations and discussions;
- Case selections and their presentations by the course faculty;
- Subdivision of the participants in groups for internal analysis of cases for presentations of conclusions and general discussion.
To complete the application, please fill in the online form and send the following documents:
- Motivation letter describing your intended project in the field of Geriatric Oncology within your professional activity
2. Short curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages)
Only applications completed via the SIOG website and received by the deadline of February 9 2022 will be considered.
SIOG Head Office